Just in time to celebrate love and Valentines Day! Mojo-Boosting Maca Shake, Chocolate Maca Body Paint, and Dark Chocolate Maca Fruit Bites!
Maca is a restorative root use for general health and sexual vitality. Maca is a natural aphrodisiac, as it increases sexual desire. It also has fertility enhancing capabilities (increases sperm count) and has been shown to improve sexual function. It also helps alleviate depression and anxiety. Maca is a nutritionally loaded superfood that provides many health benefits when regularly incorporated into the diet. Through its adaptogenic qualities, maca is able to increase the production of a hormone the body is low in. I highly recommend that you give maca a try and see the results for yourself!
Cashews, which are rich in niacin, are a natural remedy for depression and a great pick-me-up. Raw Cacao and Dark Chocolate? Well, they may just be one of nature’s perfect foods!
Try these treats yourself this evening and you be the judge!
Mojo-Boosting Maca Shake
(adapted from Spinach & Yoga)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Dates, Pitted
- 1 Large, ripe, Banana
- 1 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Maca Powder
- A Handful of Cashews
- Handful of Goji Berries
- Raw Cacao Nibs for Sprinkling
- Blend until creamy smooth and share with your soon to be very excited lover.
- Caution: Use your new sexy powers with care and love!
Chocolate-Maca Body Paint
- 3 bars of Vega Maca Organic Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 clean, soft paint brush – size is up to you!
- Slowly warm coconut cream over a double boiler
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil
- Break up pieces of Vega Maca Chocolate and stir into coconut cream
- Remove from heat once all chocolate is melted
- Cool to body temperature
- Paint away to your heart’s content!
Dark Chocolate Maca Fruit Bites
- 1 Bar Dark Chocolate, 70% or higher preferably (2.8 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons Maca Powder
- 3 cups of Fruit, Washed and Sliced
- ¼ cup Dried, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, toasted
- ¼ cup Cashews, Chopped and Toasted
- Wax or parchment paper
- Prepare a tray with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare 2 cups of seasonal fruit (apple slices, orange slices, bananas, grapes, kiwi, berries, etc.). Be sure that the fruit is completely dry after washing them, otherwise the chocolate will not stick.
- Create a double-boiler with a small pot and mixing bowl. Add enough water to the pot so the bowl rests lightly on top of the water without it overflowing.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer – making sure the water does not splash.
- Add dark chocolate to the bowl, and once it is completely melted, add the maca powder and stir until dissolved.
- Carefully poke each piece of fruit with a toothpick and dip into the melted chocolate, then place onto the wax/parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and chopped cashews and cool until it hardens. (You can also place the tray in the freezer for 1 minute to speed up the process.)
- Store extras in a sealed container in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week.